Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Me, Granny & the Lord


At night before bedtime, she [Granny] read her Bible to us and talked about the meaning of what she had read. This was a great part of my early Christian beliefs. She always stressed why we believe the Baptist doctrine.

Maybe that is why I felt so strongly when she went to be with the Lord. I felt the Lord very deeply impressed on my mind. I felt that I must hold to the beliefs she taught me, that now it was my task to pass them on.

I attended denominational meetings with her and sat for three days and nights of sessions. She felt it was very important to know what was going on and to be sure it was kept scriptural, according to what she base her Christianity on.

She took her stand at the association meetings long before it was popular for ladies to speak on the church floor. She never failed to stand and make her point, and they listened. Very few children when to these meetings, but I loved them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home